Moogsoft is the creator of Moogsoft AIOps - a next generation approach to IT Operations and Analytics driven by real-time machine learning. Moogsoft AIOps helps Enterprises & Service Providers deliver consistently excellent customer experiences, regardless of the underlying complexity or dynamic nature of the supporting infrastructure. Companies like Yahoo! and GoDaddy are leveraging Moogsoft today to reduce operational noise and correlate events across all their applications, network, infrastructure, and social media to gain actionable service insights and detect and resolve incidents faster than ever before.
We are seeking a talented Senior Database Architect to help indesigning and developing database schemas, performing database performance profiling, and provide implementation guidance to developers in a multi-platform environment leveraging both RDMS & NoSQL solutions such as MySQL and MongoDB. As part of our engineering team, you will be given autonomy to lead critical features for our SaaS offering.
What You’ll Do
- As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be responsible for providing operational and development support services for the MySQL and MongoDB SaaS environments.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company & customer data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality,
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience as a production environment Database Developer or Database Architect.
- Experience withMySQL NoSQL, Amazon RDS or similar cloud offerings, MongoDB & MongoDB Atlasor in a SaaS environment.
- In depth knowledge of MySQL Server databases, including experience working with transactional replication, performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience with database backup and restore, disaster recovery and security.
- Advanced knowledge of the MySQL and Mongodb engines for performance tuning and optimization.
- Ability to optimize complex queries to achieve sub-millisecond performance gains through query benchmarking.
- Expert knowledge of database design concepts, stored procedures, triggers, and views.
- Experience with monitoring tools and troubleshooting database performance issues.
- Ability to install and configure new server instances and upgrade existing ones in a cloud environment.
- Test backups to ensure the business' Recovery Time Objectives are met.
- Manage DDL scripts for multiple environments DEV/UAT/PROD.
- Manage schema update, rollback and other operational activities with minimal to no downtime.
- General ability to support and optimize advanced and complex queries.
- Experience with Flyway or similar database migration tooling.
Moogsoft Perks and Benefits:
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan and equity to all employee
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered meals
- Opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, progressive company
- Team volunteering events and off-site outings
- Corporate sports teams – bring your A-game, we like to win!
- Game room equipped with ping pong, foosball and darts