Implements and administers compensation and benefits programs such as base salary administration, short- and long-term incentives, health and welfare plans, job evaluations, salary increases, and salary surveys for salaried employees. Requires knowledge and experience of compensation and benefits administration; uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products and services. Solves problems and takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works under moderate guidance on most tasks.
- Administers compensation and benefits programs, plans, policies / procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains Compensation's portfolio of salary surveys through annual participation and update of Compensation's market data software database.
- Responsible for administering the annual salaried employees' compensation planning process and works with the HR business partner teams. Assists in preparing or prepares the schedule, guidelines, structure updates, and communication materials for the annual cycle. May also participate in system preparation, testing, and roll-out.
- Partners with the HR Business Partners to educate and train the business lines on application of benefits and compensation programs.
- Interprets market pricing data using Compensation-approved standards and methodology examining external benchmark and considering internal equity.
- Ensures compliance with compensation and benefits policy, federal and state employment laws and statutes, and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Reviews changes in laws affecting compensation and benefits and provides analyses of impact on programs, policies, and practices. Recommends strategies to ensure compliance, and that compensation and benefits records are compliant with corporate record-keeping policy.
- Assists in OFCCP and PUC compliance reporting (VETS-4212, EEO-1, Affirmative Action Plans, etc.)
- Provides assistance to employees and other benefits staff members in solving program/vendors problems concerning claims.
- Assists with the coordination of benefit program activities, such as open enrollment and retirement planning with other departments and other teams within HR as necessary.
- Serves as resource for HR staff and affiliated business units to consult on compensation and benefits issues, problems and administrative procedures. Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form.
- May lead functional teams or projects to achieve milestones and objectives and may occasionally present topical matters to senior leadership.
- Analyzes compensation and benefit trends, current programs, union agreements, and legislation to present recommendations and/or implement changes or enhancements to compensation and benefit plan programs or administration.
- Assists in the development of communications strategies and delivers communications in individual or group settings.
- Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and/or co-workers.
- May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor's Degree (Human Resources Management or Business Administration preferred) 2 or more years' experience in core Human Resources disciplines (preferably in compensation and benefits administration and vendor management) Knowledge of benefits and compensation theory and the ability to perform complex analyses. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), including the ability to use VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables. Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal customers and gain their trust and respect. Capable of effective planning and priority setting and the ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to use mature decision-making judgment and ability to work with all levels of employees and management.
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.