One of the fastest-growing B2B software companies in the world, OutSystems is on a mission to change the way software is built. We are looking for talented and motivated people to join us as we enable every organization to innovate through the power of software. The OutSystems modern application platform empowers customers to build, deliver, manage and evolve the software that makes a difference to their business. With high-productivity, AI-assisted tools, customers are able to quickly tackle any strategic challenge such as application modernization, workplace innovation, business process automation, and customer experience transformation. The OutSystems platform also ensures solutions are secure, resilient, cloud-native, built to scale, and most importantly, are able to be continuously evolved.
By delivering a best-in-class, state-of-the-art offering, OutSystems has achieved global scale and experienced tremendous recent growth. Today, OutSystems has more than 350,000 developer community members, 1,200 employees, 300 partners, and thousands of active customers in over 60 countries and across 22 industries. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Portugal, OutSystems now has global offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, the UAE, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, and Singapore, as well as a thriving, worldwide community of remote employees.
OutSystems team members are at the core of a dynamic, industry-leading company that is helping customers of all sizes and all across the globe to build applications fast, right and for the future.Data Engineering at OutSystems
OutSystems is a product-focused company: it is through a great product that we bring value to our customers, enabling them to be 100x more productive in creating enterprise-grade systems. To achieve this, we rely heavily on making data-driven decisions at every level. We drive this through a data analytics platform that ensures data reliability, scalability, compliance, and ease of use while ensuring speed and efficiency.
The Data Analytics group ensures the development of this data platform, end-to-end. It's a multidisciplinary team with Data Platform Engineers, Software Engineers and Data Analysts that develop the data platform itself and the SDKs and modeled data assets.
This platform-centric approach allows us to scale and drive compounding value from data, with the utmost respect for privacy and compliance frameworks, such as SOC2, ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA.Being a Data Engineering Manager at OutSystems
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will own the Data Analytics Platform’s strategy, roadmap, and architecture, ensuring it can support critical use cases, in a scalable and high-quality way. You will mentor and grow the Data Engineering and enablement teams to ensure success. You will partner with Security, Compliance, and Architecture teams to ensure alignment for a data platform that is core to our product strategy.
You’ll be responsible for creating a best-in-class data platform that scales and enables everyone to use data to make decisions or create breakthrough AI/ML capabilities. This role will report directly to the Head of AI & Data Analytics.
We’re looking for someone passionate about data, enthusiastic and versatile, a great team-player with strong work ethics, eager to guide and grow its teams into mastery and autonomy. We are looking for a creative individual that cherishes and contributes to an informal, collaborative, high-performance work environment.You will...
- Own the strategy and long-term technical roadmap for the Data Analytics Platform components.
- Understand organization’s needs in terms of data, influence the right outcomes and collaborate towards scalable solutions.
- Hire, grow and lead high-performing data engineering teams.
- Communicate vision, strategy, and execution progress clearly and efficiently to internal audiences.
- Keep up with the state-of-the-art in terms of data tools and software development methodologies, and contribute that knowledge internally.
- Consider yourself an expert in data platform engineering, with proven experience?
- Build and lead high-performing data engineering teams?
- Enjoy collaborating with internal customers to understand their needs and innovate on their behalf, creating a best-in-class data platform?
- Focus on collaborating and partner with leaders in the organization to win together and align on common goals.
- Have experience with modern CI/CD and DevOps practices in Cloud architectures?
- Create scalable, low-latency, reliable, compliant and easy-to-use data analytics platforms?
- Have experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data, both in batch and in streaming scenarios?
- Have experience with hiring, mentoring, coaching, and evaluating data platform engineering teams with broad skill sets?
- Consider yourself to be self-driven and highly motivated to achieve great results, within an empowering, people-focused culture?
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Lead by example, are creative, and inspire others for action?
- Think strategically instead of focusing on short-term, tactical solutions?
If so, you’re just the person we’re looking for.Working at Outsystems
As a Data Engineering Manager at OutSystems, you'll drive breakthrough data capabilities powering analytics and AI/ML, and contribute to the Data Engineering community by publishing and sharing your work with the world.
But, the more important things you can get from OutSystems are:
- Company culture based on transparency, teamwork, and excellence (as promised in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules and delivered every day).
- The possibility to disrupt the software development market.
- A company that cares about employees’ wellbeing and provides a safe and comfortable work environment, even during adverse times.
- A world-class AI, Data, and software engineering team with peers and leaders that are inspired to learn and share what they know.
- A fast-growing company that provides many opportunities for you to grow with it.