TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple's Map Production Engineer I utilizes data from cross-functional teams to create and build HD maps which our trucks operate against. The Map Production Engineer I conducts root-cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve internal customer issues, and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure accurate and up-to-date HD maps.
The Map Production Engineer I actively contributes to the Map Production knowledgebase, ensuring user-facing Map guides and documentation are consistently maintained. In addition, the Map Production Engineer I serves as a process lead and subject matter expert for a moderately complex Map Production process and actively mentors and provides guidance to less experienced Map Production professionals.
- Utilizes and modifies data from cross-functional teams then imports data into visualization software programs.
- Compiles data into the HD map to create maps that trucks will be programed to operate against.
- Ensures the accurate and timely creation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all HD maps. Performs root-cause analysis to determine and resolve issues.
- Appropriately triages ticket requests/incidents. Responds to escalated incidents an appropriate level of urgency. Ensures follow up with colleagues and requestor on all assigned incidents.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation for HD maps supplementary data. Ensures the Map Production knowledgebase is up to date.
- Leads a moderately complex and/or provides support on a more complex process. Serves as the subject matter expert on assigned process. Provides process-specific guidance and insight to other Map Production team members. May provide light project management, as it relates to leading and organizing process work.
- Stays abreast of new and evolving technologies and best practices. Researches, monitors, and analyzes trends in the mapping space to provide insights and recommendations for improving technology and processes. Recommends innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for map tasks. Documents all approved changes.
- In collaboration with leadership, monitors and improves metrics for HD map delivery and internal customer satisfaction. Collects internal customer feedback; provides recommendations and adjusts approach in alignment with metrics and feedback.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced Map Production professionals. Supports their development through knowledge share and partnership.
- Maintains a customer service approach through aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as is common to progressive start-up environments.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2 years experience creating HD Maps, utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or related field.
- Ability to work in Unix environments.
- Working knowledge of software test processes.
- Ability to navigate visual/spatial software in 2D and 3D.
- Demonstrated ability to extract actionable insights from data.
- Proven ability to provide insights utilizing data.
- Demonstrated ability to break down moderately complex problems and formulate effective and efficient plans.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new concepts and utilize proprietary tools.
- Ability to document processes and work clearly, with focus on building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with proven ability to effectively work in ambiguous environments and support continuous improvement.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, adapting approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Ability to maintain resilience throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progresive start-up environments.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Associate's degree in STEM, GIS or related field preferred.
- Python scripting experience, highly preferred.
- Database queries (NoSQL, SQL), highly preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland-College Park, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,