Develop, maintain and support solutions for the Finance, Planning and Accounting teams.
- Work closely with internal customers.
- Design and develop solutions using tools for data analytics, planning and budgeting.
- Develop understanding of business operations by studying business processes and their operational objectives.
- Support and resolve issues related to business systems including JD Edwards, BOARD, OutSystems and internal .NET applications.
- Participate in the quality assurance process by writing and executing test plans.
- Troubleshoot and devise solutions to functional and technical software problems.
- Document processes and author end user guides.
- Provide user training and support.
- Manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Learn new subject areas, technology and tools in response to business needs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks according to project schedule.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- A Bachelor’s or higher Degree that includes accounting and finance courses. Years of experience in a similar job role is also acceptable.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Expert level understanding of financial and management accounting practices.
- Expert level experience preparing Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow. Experience with consolidations is a plus.
- High level of competency with a corporate performance management tool such as BOARD, Hyperion, Cognos TM1, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan or Host Analytics.
- High level of competency with Excel, including vlookups, linked spreadsheets, macros and pivot tables.
- Must have proven experience with the following:
- Writing SQL queries
- Developing planning and budgeting solutions using multi-dimensional databases
- Developing driver-based solutions for projected financial statements
- Financial allocations
- Project management
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Must have a desire to become multi-disciplined by learning new subject areas such as sales operations, inventory management, construction management, purchasing, customer relationship management, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
From: G L Homes of Florida Corporation