OutSystems R&D is known for working on highly complex problems while focusing on keeping the product extremely easy to use, allowing us to lead the future of software development. We expect our engineers to help us drive the software development landscape changes by disrupting the way modern software is built.
The OutSystems engineering team has developed its own visual coding language, compilers to transform it into optimized high code, smart assistant AI mechanisms to accelerate development (TrueChange), code flow optimization mechanisms, and additional PaaS services that allow customers to easily develop powerful applications. The team empowers customers to tame all the hassles of complex software development under a powerful yet simple-to-use platform.
To apply to this position, you need to be willing to build a product used across the globe by some of the largest and most complex organizations, like Toyota, Salsa Jeans, ThinkMoney, Logitech, and others. You’ll build a product that will be used by developers of any industry, enabling the development of software used by millions of end-users across the globe, with auto-scaling capabilities. The product also allows customers to build very complex core systems that deal with complex business logic and integrations with legacy systems based on product extensibility SDKs.
What We’re Looking For:
If you can cross all the t’s and dot all the i’s, we want to hear from you!
- A Rock-star Technical Program Manager who clearly understands and can navigate through the challenges and issues of complex, large‐scale software development.
- An analytical mind has excelled at evaluating business requirements, identifying trends, and working to build processes and best practices around development capabilities.
- A savvy technologist with working experience on one or more of the big clouds, AWS, GCP, or Azure.
Thousands of customers worldwide trust OutSystems, a modern application platform that enables organizations of all sizes to deftly tackle any kind of critical application - from legacy modernization and workplace innovation to customer experience transformation.
Using OutSystems, customers can Build applications Fast, Build them Right and Build them for the Future.
Engineers with obsessive attention to detail crafted every aspect of the OutSystems platform to help organizations build enterprise-grade apps and transform their business faster. Building and running such a complex platform requires the continuous effort of multiple organizations and the Technical Program Manager plays the key role of bringing all of them together and working in harmony and complete alignment.
Down to earth
These are some of the basic responsibilities the TPM will own:
- Develop, maintain and scale effective Technical Program Management capability ensuring Outsystems meets and exceeds Availability, Performance, Security, Compliance, and Cost goals.
- Work with all key cross-functional teams including, but not limited to, Engineering, Product Management, Release Management, and business teams to convey the technical vision and contribute to the alignment of programs and processes within different organizations (Cloud Engineering, Architecture, Service Delivery, SecOps, SRE Team) and cross-functional organizations.
- Identify opportunities to improve team efficiency by streamlining/centralizing multiple siloed service-level processes.
- Work with key stakeholders & management on process issues to address deficiencies impacting organization effectiveness.
- Work to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop KPIs and metrics and report progress against them.
- Drive risk, from assessment to mitigation
What we have to offer you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar. If you do not have one but you are Rock-star (and can prove it), we still want to hear from you.
- Working experience and ability to articulate Agile Program Management fundamentals and methodologies (e.g., SAFe, Scrum, XP, Lean).
- Experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and/or Software-as-a-Service highly desired.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure highly desired.
- A company that continues to grow, change and innovate, and gives our teams the space to be proactive and creative;
- Real career opportunities. We care about growth and development. Vertical career progression is an obvious possibility, but we also offer the possibility for lateral moves, joining different teams, and mastering specific skills;
- Work colleagues that are as smart, hardworking, and driven as you – and a team that is global;
- A company culture that is based on transparency, teamwork, and excellence (as promised in our Small Book of the Few Big Rules and delivered every day.);
- Disrupting the status quo is in our DNA. In fact, it’s why our company exists;
- We “Ask Why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture and sometimes even uncover a better way.