Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Apps Platform works as a platform team for all other mobile engineers at Reddit to build on top of. Our customers are primarily other engineers. It's our job to help improve developer efficiency by providing libraries/APIs/frameworks, monitoring performance, building shared components, improving build tools, etc. In the codebase, we own the core components of the app such as the networking and caching stack. We set the direction in which the codebase builds towards by defining which design patterns and technologies to employ at Reddit. We also frequently moonlight as the 'catch-all' team for features that don't fit neatly into another team's roadmap. As Reddit's greater engineering team scales up, Apps Platform is also responsible for innovating and building new processes and methods to continuously support a greater number of customers without linearly scaling the team size as well.
What We're Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Retrofitting the Reddit iOS codebase to utilize modern technologies and best practices
What We Are Looking For
- Expertise in Swift or Objective-C with 5+ years of experience within iOS development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people's lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing iOS app with a team from start to shipment.
- Build experiences and create the patterns for Reddit's official iOS app that improve our core flows like browsing posts, commenting and creating content.
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
- Participate in the full iOS development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.