Business Analyst(Job Number: R115909) Description
The Business Analyst position requires an extremely detailed oriented person with a fierce attention to detail and the ability to draw “big picture” conclusions and make actionable recommendations based on an understanding of strategic goals. Primary responsibilities include analyzing business performance to support/develop or test the strategic initiatives of customer management, product/business development, productivity optimization, and sales. They must possess excellent interpersonal skills and work well under tight time constraints.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Information Acquisition – compiles information necessary to review and report on performance of the division, vendors or customers using the Data Warehouse, Operating Systems, External Resources and/or other Resources as required Analysis, Reporting & Recommendations – uses database programs (e.g., Access) spreadsheets, and other statistical and presentation software to analyze acquired information evaluating the performance of customers, developing pricing strategies, establishing performance patterns. Some of the analysis may be periodic in nature (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) and others may be ad hoc – develops reports and presentations to communicate results and recommends business tactics and strategies based on findings. Use of database for tracking and follow-up procedures. Working with Legal, Upper Management and Merchandise group troubleshooting issues and preparing documentation related to specific RFP requirements. Departmental Documentation – prepares and maintains updated documentation on department procedures. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required. In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including World Wide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
2 years of work experience in a corporate setting, or the equivalent requiredSpecialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interest in quantitative analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of working in a team environment
- Process oriented individual
- Able to handle and work with sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and database applications.
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field is required
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: USA-NY-Melville