SMBC's US Corporate Banking Department is looking for an Associate to join it's growing Strategic Planning Group. US Corporate Banking has 3 primary offices located in New York City, Houston, and Los Angeles, and provides over 300 U.S. companies with a wide range of financial services, as well as manages a loan portfolio of over $50 billion.
We are seeking a highly effective and motivated professional who is able to utilize business analytics to support management in making informed decisions and also support important initiative ie Corporate Investment Banking model. Candidates should understand how to optimize and work with internal information and data in order to convey business intelligence efficiently. As the role grows the candidate will have the opportunity to lead new business processes and work with senior staff throughout the bank.
This role is responsible for bringing efficiency to a high volume of analytical data. Candidates will know how to create and streamline reports and decide what and how data should be presented visually so that it is transformed from data points to true business intelligence.
Work with the industry teams and bankers as well as planning management, product specialists, credit analysts, etc.) to understand the business issues specific to each team
- Gather the appropriate structured and unstructured data.\Add value to the data by crafting reports, spreadsheets and PowerPoint decks that contain both quantitative and qualitative information
- Strategize: automate processes so that the solution becomes a best business practice
- Provide insight into how we deploy our assets through updated reports, management dashboards and financial modeling
- Collect and maintain business analytics and reports from several databases which track revenue and ancillary business as well as and credit review sources
- Track deal highlights, best customer pitches/wins, breakthroughs, cross-border wins and similar performance benchmarks
- Publish professional activity dashboard, newsletters, capital resource assessments, KPIs for US Corporate Banking in conjunction with the Marketing Solutions team
- Minimum of 3 years in the investment industry with some specific experience with global bank products and terminology
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a business analyst role within finance, preferably in institutional or corporate banking
- Ability to develop a system of tracking and follow-up
- Strong time management skills, particularly for updating recurring reports
- Comfortable learning new applications, database access and proprietary internal systems
- Professional approach to dealing with busy people with many demands on their attention
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and sound judgement; able to handle confidential information appropriately and highly comitted compliance requirements
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, credit review applications