ARE YOU ELITE:
ELITE Transit Solutions is a premier third-party logistics (3PL) company that services the freight management industry. Elite successfully matches shippers and carriers to optimize time, productivity, and money-delivering greater value, and ultimately creating a win for the economy and the environment. Our clients include food and beverage, OEM, industrial, and chemical companies. Using innovative transportation management technology, ELITE provides its clients with the cost efficiencies they demand. Headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, PA, ELITE a nationally recognized trailblazer in the freight management industry is now growing and expanding into the Charlotte, North Carolina and Chicago, Illinois markets.
JOB BRIEF- MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPER:
The Mobile Application Developer is part of a highly dynamic and active team focusing on mobile development with a passion for demonstrating the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of durable and resilient apps best suited to serve our customer base as well as possessing a strong attention to design, performance, and user experience.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand business needs and requirements as it relates to project tasks.
- Assist with creation of project documentation, such as business requirements.
- Perform and document unit testing activities for development work.
- Identify and plan for new features to continue product evolution.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile applications.
- Familiarity with working with both iOS and Android devices as it relates to application development.
- Provide project status reports when needed.
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in both Android and iOS development.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market.
- Extensive work with Swift and/or Java/Kotlin.
- Experience in working with APIs.
- Machine Learning, TensorFlow are a plus.
- Production experience with location tracking in mobile applications, as well as background services.
- Experience in areas outside of mobile development, such as web development, and application development.
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present ideas and concepts with all levels of personnel.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated critical attention to detail and deadlines and are self-motivated.
- Ability to adapt well to changes in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 4-year degree preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elite Transit Solutions, and its subsidiaries, are proud to be equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expressions, or other characteristics protected by law. Elite Transit Solutions also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.