Basic Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an AWS Platform Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
In this capacity you will serve as a core member of the General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Landing Zone Team. In this role, you will be a software developer and solutions architect on the centralized cloud team that provides the managed service enabling GDMS engineers to work in a secure and compliant fashion in AWS. This is a highly relevant service within the company with great growth potential, as the business is increasingly leveraging the cloud for a range of development needs.
Duties and Tasks:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develops, and designs software automation and scripts to orchestrate cloud and virtualization technologies with defined scope, schedule and expectations
- Configures, and administers AWS technologies, infrastructure, and applications to meet the organizations requirement
- Provides subject matter expert technical support to customers using AWS products, solutions and APIs
- Assists and supports the design, deployment, management, and operation of scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems in the cloud by working directly with the stakeholders
- Lead and perform the installation and configuration of cloud management applications by leading medium to large sized efforts
- Views and analyzes summary data on cloud resource deployment and takes appropriate action
- Monitors requests and key metrics for cloud resources, as well as the performance of systems in the cloud and directs remediation
- Troubleshoots issues and plans for future cloud capacity requirements. Develops roadmap and business case for capacity growth
- Identifies, manages and resolves cloud computing security risks and implements best practices as applied within a cloud environment
- Identifies and documents product bugs and feature requests and works with internal support teams, external providers, as well as customers to implement effective solutions
- Supports and leads the evaluation of new service offerings from AWS to determine potential usage by GDMS
- May provide work direction to other employees as a technical lead
- Proficient understanding of AWS
- Proficient understanding of AWS service offerings
- Proficient understanding of virtualization technologies: Server, Storage, Networking
- Proficient understanding of computer programming languages: C, C Sharp, C++, Perl, PHP, and/or Python
- Proficient understanding with scripting languages, and software and infrastructure automation skills
- Experience creating templates with CloudFormation or similar technologies
- Detailed and fully proficient knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
- Strong understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with very little direction, or can provide direction and leadership to technical teams
- Fully proficient ability to handle significant responsibility, leadership and accountability while executing complex assignments
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Able to accept & integrate constructive feedback
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Proficient ability to learn and apply GDMS culture, policies and processes
Minimum Salary: USD $76,442.00/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $130,158.00 Company Overview:
Teleworking options are available, but ideally you would be close to a 'GD Hub'.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran