Business Objects Technical Administrator
320 N Flower St , Santa Ana -California USA – 92703
6mo to perm
Support the City of Anaheim’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Application primarily for Business Objects Webi reports development, gathering of reporting business requirements and specifications, reports testing and documentation. Will also support the various activities surrounding the reports migration from Deski to Webi by optimizing back-end reports queries, updating reports universes and improving reports presentation such as incorporating drill-down features to migrated Webi reports.
- Development of Business Objects Webi reports using reports universe and/or direct SQL queries from an Oracle database.
- Gathering of business requirements to document specifications for reports development
- Interact with ERP application reports users to conduct reports testing, reports migration and production maintenance
- Development and implementation of processes for reports migration, testing and support maintenance
- Provide production support for the ERP application by assisting or interacting with reports users in troubleshooting issues, work on change implementation and support maintenance
- Follow through on all Business Objects reports issues and users inquiries to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Prioritize and assign target completion dates for Business Objects reports fixes and change orders in concurrence with application users and team members
- Follow existing business processes and operational guidelines when supporting the Business Objects reports users and maintenance activities such as escalation of issues, reports environment downtime, change order implementation, perform root cause analysis, apply patch, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the ERP Business Objects technical environment to be able to provide reports migration support to users of the ERP (CGI InfoAdvantage) Deski and Webi reports
- Migration of Deski reports, universes, users along with security settings from development or testing environment to production environment following Change Management processes
- Work with Business Objects components - Designer, BI Launchpad, CMC, CCM, Web Rich Client, Web Services, IDT, Dashboards, etc.
- Create new data structures and universes, Web Intelligence (Webi) ad-hoc and canned reports, dashboards with multiple hyperlinks to various reports
- Design and develop universes supporting multiple levels of hierarchies for drill down and drill across reports
- Create and maintain Business Objects security groups, folders and categories to ensure only authorized personnel can access universes
- Administer security authentication of users and groups. Add, maintain & delete user accounts. Create access levels based on project business needs
- Design and implement security by creating user groups, granting access to Business Objects based applications to users and adding security restrictions (application level, folder level, and object level) based on user profile and user groups
- Start /Stop, Enable/Disable, Clone, Add, remove Business Objects Services based on requirements
- Perform installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of Business Objects components issues on development, test and production environments
- Monitor system performance and availability to identify and resolve performance issues and tuning of the Business Objects system for optimum efficiency
- Work on report design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Work with Business Objects vendor, IT Teams and business users to resolve support issues and address technical questions
- Provide training and support to Business Objects reports users throughout city departments
- Provide support to Power Users who may develop reports for their assigned areas.
- Educational background preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in Business Objects reports development for Deski and Webi reports
- Must have hands-on programming experience using SQL, PL/SQL or comparable data manipulation language (DML).
- Must have working experience with relational databases such as Oracle and/or MS SQL Server
- Must have experience supporting business intelligence report developers and designers using Business Objects client tools and data services
- Must have proven experience in using the BO Universe Design Tool (UDT) and/or the Information Design Tool (IDT)
- Must have good understanding of Business Objects universe concepts such as contexts, aliases, aggregate awareness, navigation paths, filters, business layer views, performance tuning strategies and techniques to resolve traps, universe linking, and integration of data
- Must have reports development background using WEBI and WEBI Rich client
- Proficiency in developing, troubleshooting complex SQL Queries and stored procedures and optimize if required
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with leadership and key stakeholders
- Must have excellent verbal communications, interpersonal skills, technical writing and documentation skills
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment with good problem solving, organization and planning skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task and provide support for production related Business Objects reports and/or technical environment issues
- Must have the ability to train application reports users and develop technical documentation and/or user guides
- Exposure to CGI ERP solutions including Advantage Financial, HRM/Payroll, Performance Budgeting and InfoAdvantage is a plus
- Experience with Business Objects administration and hands-on knowledge of the Business Objects stack of products including installation, troubleshooting, upgrade, configuration, and maintenance is a plus