Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a proven high performer with extensive experience in forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling to support our In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Services Business Development team in driving toward enterprise goals and EBITDA growth. This position will play a critical role in responding to complex queries and to proactively identify data mining opportunities with potential business development implications using analytical tools and methodologies. This position favors the extremely analytical who thrive on the challenges inherent in dissecting complex problems, utilizing facts/data to derive a conclusion and delivering clear recommendations to drive results and organization performance.
- Support the IVDS Business Development team through partnering to establish and execute on processes to deliver Sales Reporting, Proforma Development, Commercial MBR and QBR reporting as well as any additional ad hoc requests for information from the CDD Senior Leadership team.
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting package, for review of financial performance with the business unit BD teams and head of Business Development.
- Provide IVD partner level sales, margin, and profitability trending reports and analysis to support revenue, profit growth and life cycle management initiatives.
- Produce reports designed to highlight current performance opportunities and identify gaps to drive growth. In addition to standard reporting mechanisms, develop metrics and dashboards which can be used on an ad-hoc basis to produce data-driven actionable insights.
- Lead the financial modeling efforts for new business opportunities and develop tools to aid with the presentation of business cases for approval from Division, Group and Corporate management.
- Manage the budgetary process. Assist BD team to develop annual plans consistent with organization goals. Prepare and distribute monthly variance report/analysis to the management team. Advise management with budget risk and opportunities.
- Prepare monthly reports to track the progress of all business initiatives and identify insights supporting opportunities to improve profitability of the business.
- Evaluate bill of materials and routers through change order requests and time and motion studies as necessary to determine manufacturing costs. Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of costs in ERP system.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding HFM, Data Warehouse, CRM and SAP projects.
- Ensure system operating as designed
- Identify enhancements to improve effectiveness for finance/commercial users
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with MBA preferred and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience (financial reporting).
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with an established ability to communicate complex financial matters in simple, actionable manner enabling business partners to effectively drive continuous business improvement.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities (HFM, CMR, SAP).
- Comfortable presenting financial results to senior leadership and asking questions and holding broad teams accountable to deadlines.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
- Travel: This position may require up to 20% travel, some of which will take place outside of the typical office hours.
- Flexibility: Work hours will be flexible as this position is responsible for a global organization and will need to be able to work outside normal working hours on an occasional basis.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.