At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Financial Analyst (FA 4) to join us in the pursuit of top-tier financial performance. This position will report to the manager of financial planning, reporting & analysis and will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting data and analysis in support of the company's U.S. Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosure requirements.
- Analyze program financials, including, but not limited to: financial reporting and analysis; profitability analysis; analysis of aged balances; working capital analysis; analysis of remaining performance obligations; analysis of Net Earnings Adjustments (NEA) and other analysis and reporting as assigned.
- Prepare non-routine journal entries in SAP and HFM.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and documentation.
- Work with the finance and business management teams to develop strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support special projects and accounting research on an ad hoc basis
- Support the development of presentations for, and occasionally brief to, Division and Sector leadership.
- Interface and coordinate with business, program, and sector personnel to drive process changes and resolve Sector wide issues.
- Mentor and act as a resource to junior members of the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin, Accounting, or related discipline
- 9 years of experience in a business, accounting or financial setting OR 7 years with a Master's Degree
- Strong analytical, organization, and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Expertise and experience in financial analysis
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
- CPA License/CPA Candidate
- "Big 4" public accounting experience
- Experience in Financial Reporting in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion Planning software, database software, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.