Valfilm is a Brazilian company seeking an Administrative Specialist for its USA branch in Findlay, OH. This role supports the overall operations of the Human Resources department. We are growing rapidly and offer great benefits and career opportunities!
This position will be responsible for handling the front office administrative duties and will assist the financial department with financial support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Is responsible for maintaining the front-office administrative duties
- Provides administrative support to assigned departments/executive leaders
- Plans and schedules meetings using scheduling software.
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies
- Answering and transferring calls and as needed taking detailed messages on a multiline phone system
- Focal point for on-site visitors— Greet visitors at the door and assist with meeting logistics.
- Maintains site safety and security log
- Responsible for helping with travel arrangements; hotel reservations and car rentals
- Provide support as directed for workplace events
- Upkeep of Valfim Café and general food ordering for visitors and special occasions, etc.
- Responsible for the upkeep of site phone list
- Petty Cash Management
- Expense reports for employees
- Mailbox distribution and FedEx mailing preparation
- Valfilm Apparel help, ordering, tracking, distributing
- Taking of meeting minutes in Monthly meetings
- ERP implementation cost tracking
- Help assist the finance department
- Assists with other tasks as needed
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Continuous Learning – Actively strives to develop knowledge and skills, including seeking and applying feedback
- Job Knowledge – Using resources and supervision reasonably and effectively
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, working effectively with others when applicable; develops alternate solutions
- Communications – communicates effectively via good listening and comprehension as well as through verbal and written means
- Cooperation and Teamwork – Interacts effectively with variety of team members and stakeholders; prioritizes team efforts; works respectfully and builds morale; positively and productively contributes to conflict resolution when necessary
- Diversity and Ethics – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; treats others with respect and promotes a harassment – free environment; works with integrity and upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changes in the work environment; professionally represents organization through personal appearance and presentation
- Dependability and Initiative – Is consistently at work and on time and fulfills responsibilities in a timely manner; follows instructions; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time; takes independent actions; asks for help and offers help when needed
- Planning and Judgement – Displays willingness to make timely decisions and accurate judgments, including others in the process as necessary; prioritizes work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality and Productivity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; meets and strives to exceed productivity standards based on latest third party requirements such as ISO and SQF
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; reports food safety or personnel safety concerns to supervisors; uses equipment and materials properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; proper hearing protection is required out on production floor in working areas.
- Education and/or Experience: A Business Administrative Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college; and 3 to 5 years administrative, accounting, and/or finance experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.